Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reflecting on my presentation performance

I was rather disappointed with my performance during the class presentation. I could have presented my part in a clearer and more intuitive manner which would have made my part more easily comprehended. I am aware that I am not a natural presenter and it requires a lot of preparation on my part to do a good show. I really had a very tight schedule this week with 3 deadlines and 2 tests which really left me little time to prepare for the presentation. I know that this is more like an excuse than a reason as the rest of you had your fair share of commitments and you still managed to do a good job. I think it boils down to my time management; I really do have to work on it especially since I would be entering the workforce soon.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terence,

    I am one of those tasked to comment on your presentation. I agree with Brad that you did not do as bad as you though you did.

    I think you would have an easier job if you summarize the relevant statistics instead of copying the whole table/chart/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your reflection on the OP, Terence, and for the effort in your presentation presentation. It was interesting.

    You may be overly harsh on yourself. For the info that you had assembled and prepared, you did a good job presenting.

    I'll send you more detailed feedback on your mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Annie for your feedback, summarising the relevant data is definitely a better approach. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sir,

    Thanks for the comforting and very encouraging feedback. I look forward to your detailed feedback to look into ways I can improve my presentation skills. Thanks Sir

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terence,

    I should say you guys did a very good job. You delivered your part very well and the diagrams were well illustrated. You were not very nervous and the tone was good. However, I felt that you read too much on the slides, this may be the fact that you did not have any notes with you.

    Cheers man.

    ReplyDelete